0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2012 9:52 AM by Corrie Kuniyoshi

Hillsdale College, MI - Organic or Biochemist Faculty Job Opening

Corrie Kuniyoshi

I hope everyone from the east coast is safe and well after Hurricane Sandy. I received an email from Professor Mark Nussbaum of Hillsdale College in MI, asking me to let you know of this job opening. His university was not able to attend AEI.  -Corrie K.

"BIOCHEMISTRY / ORGANIC CHEMISTRY POSITION at HILLSDALE COLLEGE.

The Chemistry Department at Hillsdale College invites applications for a full time, two-year sabbatical replacement position with potential for conversion to tenure-track.  The position starts August 2013 and requires passionate commitment to teaching and research at the undergraduate level.  Thriving, collegial ACS-approved department with outstanding facilities offers majors in chemistry and biochemistry and seeks an enthusiastic colleague to join in teaching expanding courses in biochemistry or organic chemistry.  The applicant is also expected to teach an upper-level course in a related area of interest and may share in teaching either general chemistry or the liberal arts core chemistry course.  Research area is open but must be suitable for undergraduate participation.  Ph.D. required.  Applications must be received by Jan. 7, 2013 and include cover letter, CV, teaching experience and philosophy, research proposal, undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation.  For additional information see the chemistry web page at http://www.hillsdale.edu/academics/majors/chemistry.asp or contact Dr. Mark Nussbaum at mnussbaum@hillsdale.edu.  Submissions may be electronic (PDF) or via mail to Chemistry Department Chair, Hillsdale College, 33 E. College St., Hillsdale, MI 49242 (USA).

Hillsdale College, founded in 1844, is a selective, independent, four-year liberal arts college of 1,400 students.  Hillsdale has traditionally upheld two concepts:  academic excellence and institutional independence.  Applicants should familiarize themselves with the college’s Mission Statement (http://www.hillsdale.edu/about/history/mission.asp) and include in their letters a response to the mission, addressing their interest and ability to teach in light of its commitments. EOE"