The folks at the headquarters of ACS suggested that I post the following question to the community.
I used a leather cleaner on my car seats followed by a leather conditioner. I had cleaned my seats in the past with the leather cleaner but never used the leather conditioner.
I closed my car up and left on a trip. When I returned two weeks later and opened the car door, I was met by a very strong chemical odor.
I have tried a number of methods suggested by people on the auto industry to no avail. Among the solutions:
- washing the seats with a water-based foaming cleanser
- washing the seats with straight vinegar
- washing the seats with glass cleaner
- cleaning the seats with another brand of leather cleaner
- putting a variety of air fresheners in the car and closing the doors.
- changed the cabin air filter
I am open to any and all suggestions on how to solve this problem.
I look forward to hearing from you.