Viewing & Deleting Group Invitations

Viewing & Deleting Group Invitations

I'm an administrator of an ACS Network group. I just tried to invite someone to join this group but the invitation failed because I had already invited this person.

First, I should have options here to reinvite the person with a new message.

Also I can't see how to view & delete previous invitations so I can send a new invitation. How do I do this?

Thanks for your help.

Comments
Previous Community Member

After some more digging I found how to do this.

Please consider putting easier access to these features in the Invite People to Join a Group window.

Thanks.

Thanks, Graham, for the suggestion.

Do you need me to answer your question in your other post, or are you okay now.

Christine

I'm OK. Thanks, -Graham-

Graham C. Douglas

Assistant Chair 2013

ACS Division of Chemical Information

Comunications & Publications Committee

510-407-0769

Graham_C_Douglas@hotmail.com <mailto:Fundraising@acscinf.org>

ACS <https://communities.acs.org/groups/chemical-information-division>

Network - CINF

Join the ACS Division of Chemical Information

for just $20! Click here

<http://www.acscinf.org/publications/CINFBrochure.pdf>

How did you do that? I need to do the same.

Thanks,

Dhanas

The short answer is that if you own a group, there is a way to view current invitations and to send them out again.  As a group admin, you should see a link on the right hand side of the page that says, "Manage".  Select "Members" off of the pulldown, and you should see a list of members. You can remoe them from the group or make them an admin.

You should be able to see a list of invitations as well. You can resend invitations as well as delete current ones.

A reminder, is that invitations tell the system who should be able to enter your (private or secret) group. So once an invitation is sent out, you can send the user the URL in an email from your normal email system. They should be able to get in as long as their email address that you used for your invitation is the same as the one associated with that user's ID.

I will put this topic on my llst of support documents needed. I'll include screen shots and more explicit descriptions there.