cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zuhaib
New Contributor

Hello guys... I m new to your community :)

Hello everybody out there... I am a Physics student in UTM Malaysia. I attended a workshop today about paper publishing and proposal writing (the talks given by Dr. Steven Meyer and Dr. Dat Tran...) it was impressive. So I have registered and logged in to keep in touch with the science community..

0 Kudos
6 Replies
okitiba
New Contributor II

Re: Hello guys... I m new to your community :)

Hi Zuhab,

I'm also participant of the same workshop but it was in Medan, Indonesia.

I also find the workshop as impressive.

Let's join Young Indonesian and Malaysian Scientists and Engineers in this forum and share your workshop experience there.

And don't forget to follow the forum. You can also create your own discussion there.

0 Kudos
zuhaib
New Contributor

that's great Oki,,,

So, what is your field of study, n in which university did u attend this workshop?

0 Kudos
radja
New Contributor

hi Zuhab, i was with oki when we attend this workshop. i live in Banda Aceh, TsunamiLand, and the nearest area was in medan. so i take a 45 minutes flight to medan to attend this workshop. and it is worth ed. i really enjoyed this "Young Indonesian and Malaysian Scientists and Engineers" workshop, even i'm not a scientist.

0 Kudos
okitiba
New Contributor II

Hi Suhab, i'm a bachelor on communication. I work for an NGO called School of Peace and Demoracy of Aceh. We are supoorting peace and work on democracy development in Aceh.

Last week i attend to ACS workshop, it was held on Universitas Sumatera Utara in Medan, 10 hours drive or 1 hour flight from where i live.

0 Kudos
zuhaib
New Contributor

good to know you Subhan, "TsunamiLand"...is it named after Tsunami or is it the original name of the place?

It is interesting that people from diverse fields traveled from far regions to attend the workshop. What do u do by the way Subhan?

0 Kudos
zuhaib
New Contributor

Oki its good to know that guys like you and your other friend Subhan who are not specifically working in science, traveled from far areas to attend the workshop.

I can understand about the people of my field, they are always hungry for publications and writing scientific proposals for getting big grants etc. But may I know, what attracted you towards it? and how it was beneficent for you?

0 Kudos