I found the following on the Division of Chemical Education web site (Regional Meetings Committee Report, Fall 2013 | Division of Chemical Education). Passing along for the benefit of others in the ACS Regions Community.
The Regional Meetings Committee (RMC) Meeting of April 7, 2013
RMC voted to:
- Have the DivCHED representative to each Regional Meeting submit an/the abstract for a 2013 Division Poster and present the poster in one of the ChemEd or General Poster Sessions.
- Submit the following guideline to ExCOMM for approval.
DivCHED High School Award Options When No Regional Meeting is Held
The Division of Chemical Education realizes that there are circumstances when a region decides not to hold an annual regional meeting. In the event that a regional meeting is not held for one or more years, the regional board may choose to do the following in regards to the Excellence in High School Teaching award:
- Continue to solicit nominees from across the entire region and give the award at an ACS event in the year of the award.
- At the next scheduled regional meeting of the section, 2 awards may be given: One for the current year and one for all the previous years. Each award must have the minimum number of nominees as outlined in the award prospectus.
- In the years of no regional meeting, the regional board may choose to skip those years (i.e. with no award) and continue to give the award only when a regional meeting is held.