AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I make a candle with a green flame?

Question asked by Andy Stratmann on Jul 25, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2018 by Steven Cooke

I've seen all the videos online about creating campfires and whatnot with different color flames.  There's 2 things I'm trying to do here at home.  1 is I'm trying to make a candle that has a wood wick that burns with a green flame.  I have the copper sulfate powder.  I've dissolved it in water and soaked the wood wick in the water for 2 days.  I then let it dry out, but it still burned the normal color flame.  I've tried a number of other experiments using veggie oil, hand sanitizer, heet, petroleum jelly.  I'm just not having any luck.  I want my wife to be able to burn a container candle with a different color flame.  I don't want to use a cotton wick...but am open to suggestions that involve a wick outside of the cotton or wood wick.  Maybe something that isn't even normally used for a candle wick.  Doesn't matter to me...green flame is what I'm after.

On the other side of the coin, once this is figured out I want to be able to put some sort of liquid in my Zippo to have the flame be a different color.

Outcomes