AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I make a candle with a green flame?

Question asked by Andy Stratmann on Jul 25, 2014

I've seen all the videos online about creating campfires and whatnot with different color flames.  There's 2 things I'm trying to do here at home.  1 is I'm trying to make a candle that has a wood wick that burns with a green flame.  I have the copper sulfate powder.  I've dissolved it in water and soaked the wood wick in the water for 2 days.  I then let it dry out, but it still burned the normal color flame.  I've tried a number of other experiments using veggie oil, hand sanitizer, heet, petroleum jelly.  I'm just not having any luck.  I want my wife to be able to burn a container candle with a different color flame.  I don't want to use a cotton wick...but am open to suggestions that involve a wick outside of the cotton or wood wick.  Maybe something that isn't even normally used for a candle wick.  Doesn't matter to me...green flame is what I'm after.

On the other side of the coin, once this is figured out I want to be able to put some sort of liquid in my Zippo to have the flame be a different color.

Outcomes