cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Previous Community Member
Not applicable

How do you recommend preparing for the GRE subject test in chemistry?

I'm taking the GRE subject test and chemistry this fall and wanted to know if anyone has preparation advice?  It looks like the best way to start preparing is going over text books and using the practice test posted on the ETS website. In later phases of my test prep I would like to do practice tests or questions so I can prepare for the pace I need to be answering the questions. I have looked into the prep books and judging by the reviews the books do not seem to be very helpful.  Do you know of any helpful materials?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dougtsao
New Contributor

Re: How do you recommend preparing for the GRE subject test in chemistry?

My best resource while studying for the GRE Chem course was actually my class notes.  I had purchased a Princeton Review book, but found that my studying was less efficient since the material was presented in a different way than I had originally learned the material.  By studying from my pre-existing notes and text books, it felt more like a review as opposed to learning new material and I felt more confident going into the exam as a result.  Your experience may vary depending on how useful your own class notes are to you.  As you mentioned, it is wise to go over GRE practice tests as well.  Best of luck.

0 Kudos