Retained Search in the Menlo Park Area for Ink Formulation Chemist! http://app.streamsend.com/ss/1/u4Kt/ha18x2fzpj
This is one more very exciting opportunity with my client which is a $10+ billion world leader in connectivity. The company designs and manufactures products at the heart of electronic connections for the world’s leading industries including automotive, energy and industrial, broadband communications, consumer devices, healthcare, and aerospace and defense.
The candidate will have a deep understanding of polymer materials science, polymer chemistry, metal particles, and fundamental formulation/rheological interactions as it relates to printing of conductive inks and printed electronics. The position is in a Corporate R&D environment whose performance is measured by the development, evaluation, risk reduction and eventual transfer of new technologies to the business units. The candidate will be expected to drive printed electronics projects through development of conductive inks, printing equipment, and printing processes. Development of conductive inks includes custom formulation as well as identifying commercially available inks. The candidate is expected to be hands-on with equipment, able to design experiments and direct others. It is paramount that this person works well with mostly internal, but some external customers. Research projects must be driven by the needs of the business units, external customers, and research results. The candidate must also be able to eventually take on more technical managerial responsibilities.
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Drive research and development of printed conductive inks, printing equipment, and printed electronics applications using fundamental knowledge in 1) chemistry and conductive ink formulation; 2) materials science interactions like rheology, adhesion, surface wetting, conductivity; and 3) printing processes.
· Ability to formulate conductive inks, understand conductive ink formulations, and/or direct the formulation efforts of others.
· Deep enough insight into the printing hardware to efficiently and effectively manage the construction of next generation equipment.
· Able to participate in IP activities including filing, searching, reading, and able to understand and help set IP strategy.
· Able to direct others and help design experiments.
· Set technical direction and define credible technical pathways to achieve goals.
· Drive projects around needs of the business units and external customers.
· Capable of growth into leadership and management roles.
· Participate in technical roadmap development and technology assessments.
· Collaborate across geographical, business unit and cross-cultural boundaries.
· MS with at least 5 yrs experience or Ph.D. with at least 2 yrs experience in Polymer Chemistry, Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering or related field.
· Highly self-motivated individual with a strong bias for action and impact.
· Experience around at least one of these printing techniques: gravure, offset, flexographic, roll-to-roll, pad, screen, direct dispense, ink-jet, spray coating, etc.
· Experience in printing, rheology of printing, and printed electronics.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and works well with mostly internal, but some external customers.
· Knowledge and experience around electronics, electronics testing, antennas, antenna testing, CAD, automated manufacturing, additive manufacturing, Lab View or related software, a plus.
· Demonstrated work experience, publications, and/or filed IP in the research areas mentioned above.
· A strong team player with positive, proactive and professional attitude.
· Studious, willing to solve challenges and work under pressure.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
SEND RESUME TO <email@example.com>. You will be asked to verify that you are not a "bot".
Nicholas Meyler ph (818)597-3200 ext. 211