Green Chemistry & Engineering Conference – Invitation for Symposia Proposals - Due October 16, 2015
Dates: June 14-16, 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon at the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower Submission Deadline: October 16, 2015
Notification of acceptance by: November, 2015
Conference website: http://www.gcande.org/
The American Chemical Society Green Chemistry Institute (ACS GCI) is pleased to announce that it will hold its 20th annual scientific meeting June 14–16, 2016 in the eco–city of Portland, Oregon. The Green Chemistry & Engineering (GC&E) Conference Advisory Committee is now inviting the submission of proposals for symposia for presentation during this meeting.
The GC&E Advisory Committee requests that all proposals reflect ACS GCI’s mission to advance the implementation of green chemistry and engineering practices across the global chemistry enterprise. The overarching theme of the conference in 2016 will be Advancing Sustainable Solutions by Design. The committee will be looking for proposals which include perspectives from basic scientists, industrial scientists, business leaders, students, government, NGO, etc. Proposal submitters should creatively design their sessions to be highly interactive (e.g., facilitate lively discussion; include sufficient time for Q&A, rapid-fire sessions, workshop-based learning, debates, etc.). Attendees should leave sessions with clear ideas for how they can use the information disseminated in the session in their professional careers. Submitters are asked to describe how these outcomes will be achieved in the session and should provide potential speakers and/or topics of presentations.
The 2016 GC&E Conference Advisory Committee is especially seeking submissions which address the following topics:
- DESIGN of more sustainable chemicals according to green chemistry and engineering principles
- DESIGN of innovative chemical technologies
- DESIGN of processes to increase efficiency and reduce waste
- DESIGN of curricula and curricular materials to infuse green chemistry throughout education
- DESIGN of materials for:
- The built environment (e.g., homes, offices, manufacturing, etc.)
- Apparel and footwear
- DESIGN of novel approaches to:
- Collaborations between academia and industry
- Chemicals policy
- Green chemistry and engineering metrics / assessment methodologies
Proposals should include the following information:
- A brief statement describing the rationale/need for this topic at the GC&E meeting (500 words or less);
- A description of the practice gaps that will be addressed during the symposium. This description should focus on how addressing these gaps will advance green chemistry and engineering in this area;
- Proposed speakers (with affiliations), anticipated topics of presentations and proposed mix of invited and contributed presentations;
- Plans/methods for creating an interactive environment during the session. Workshops and panel discussions are encouraged.
Please submit your symposia proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2016 GC&E Symposia Proposal” by October 16, 2015. All symposia submissions will be reviewed by the GC&E Advisory Committee and applicants will be notified of decisions in November, 2015. If you have questions, please contact us at the email address above.
We are looking forward to a stimulating event as we celebrate 20 years of bringing together a diverse scientific community to advance green chemistry and engineering research, education and sustainable technologies.
GC&E Advisory Committee