Based in San Francisco and reporting to the Global Greenskeeper of Product Experience, this individual will be responsible for all aspects of regulatory compliance for our products and management of our ingredient database. He/she will be responsible for recognizing regulatory compliance needs and will manage the collection, management, analysis, assessment and interpretation of key ingredient information. He/she will handle the day-to-day management of product regulation and compliance while managing our systems and internal communications. He/she will discuss all relevant regulatory issues with project teams, create and provide recommendations on strategies and develop and execute against project plans. This individual will work collaboratively with internal and external partners to ensure that we are compliant with all relevant regulations and provide insights to the business that enable sound decisions.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Execute regulatory strategy for all North American business
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations for all products
- Guide the business on product labeling and marketing claims
- Meet regularly with business teams and gain an understanding of business plans to develop robust product compliance strategies
- Proactively identify current and emerging regulations that may have an impact on our business
- Engage with industry trade groups and committees, maintain industry networks and connections, and monitor the work of government agencies and working groups.
- Manage our chemical database for regulatory compliance
- Author Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) that conform to GHS
- Serve as a liaison between product development and operations to provide technical support for hazard communication
- Support the Green Chefs (chemists) and Plastic Surgeons (packaging engineers) with product development
- Identify current and future chemical regulations that impact our business
- Ensure our compliance process is seamless with customer product requirements
- Work reception once a month*
- Experience working with a cross-functional team
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle and manage timelines and deadlines
- Ability to stay cool and calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stay focused on the "big picture"
- Proficiency in computing, including database management
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: Global Greenskeeper-Product Experience
Please go to http://methodhome.snaphire.com to apply.