Beyond Benign, a nonprofit organization dedicated to green chemistry education, is seeking a professional individual for a new position as Program Manager for Beyond Benign’s higher education program: The Green Chemistry Commitment (www.greenchemistrycommitment.org). At Beyond Benign, we seek to revolutionize the way chemistry is taught to prepare students and scientists to design products and processes that have reduced environmental and health impacts. To spread awareness of green chemistry and grow its application, we focus on K-12 and Higher Education. In our K-12 programs, we focus on professional development for teachers, curriculum development, field trips and outreach lab experiences for students. In our higher education programs, we focus on a college student fellows program and a new program called the Green Chemistry Commitment, a consortium program aimed at increasing the adoption of green chemistry in higher education. The Program Manager position involves managing and leading the Green Chemistry Commitment (GCC) program and includes multiple tasks.
- Manage day-to-day program growth including engagement with the advisory committee and working groups.
- Recruit signatories of the Green Chemistry Commitment
- Maintain contact with Green Chemistry Commitment signing institutions
- Maintain websites and manage social media for GCC program
- Prepare communications for GCC program (i.e., newsletters, e-mail communications, annual reports, flyers, presentations, etc.)
- Coordinate conference calls and meetings with GCC working groups
- Coordinate webinars, conferences, workshops, and other program tasks as needed
- Organize and maintain files and records
- Maintain and develop partnerships with like-minded institutions to advance green chemistry in higher education
- Interact with faculty and students to promote green chemistry in higher education
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a field of science. Experience and interest in communications, partnership development, and administrative skills are beneficial. Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media are desired. Must be willing to travel and provide own transportation to regional events (travel costs and mileage are paid or reimbursed by Beyond Benign).
Terms: Full-time position, but will consider part time depending on candidate.
Location: Wilmington, MA
Compensation: Salary is negotiable and will be based on experience and qualifications, plus benefits package/PTO available.
Contact: E-mail cover letter, resume and inquires to Amy_Cannon@beyondbenign.org