Seeking Process Chemists (Brecksville, OH)
My repeat-client is searching for process chemists to lead/contribute to projects including coordinating multiple synthetic activities. One chemist will be part of a process development and production group and one will be part of a fundamentals group. Other responsibilities will include developing new materials and synthetic schemes ranging from small organic molecules to specialty polymers.
· B.S or M.S. in Polymer Chemistry, Material Science or Chemistry. THIS IS NOT A POSITION INTENDED FOR A PhD.
· 3-5 years of experience in organic chemical and polymer syntheses
· Strong knowledge of analytical methods and interpretation of results
· Strong knowledge of chemical properties, chemical hazards and safe handling practices
General Skills and Physical Requirements:
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and navigating the Internet
· Proficiency in Minitab or equivalent statistical analysis software
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Good attention to detail and keen observation skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Ability to maintain thorough, accurate records
· Good mechanical aptitude
· Ability to multi-task, set priorities and work independently
· Ability to devise creative approaches to solving problems and perform literature searches
· Demonstrated ability to convert creative solutions to practice on short timelines
· Willingness to spend majority of time in the laboratory
· Manual dexterity required to use syringes and to operate and maintain instruments
· Able to stand for prolonged periods of time, for up to 2 consecutive hours
The Client is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Bakelite, a pioneer in plastics with over 6,000 employees and $2Bn in annual sales. They are involved in the development of a novel platform of polymers based on cyclic olefins that are polymerized using a propriety class of organometallic catalysts. Application areas include the semiconductor, optoelectronic and electronic packaging markets. Ongoing development and commercial activities with multiple Fortune 500 companies in the microelectronics and semiconductor industries is the primary business focus.
We offer a wide range of competitive benefits including:
· Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance and disability plans available on the date of hire
· Vacation and Holiday pay available on the date of hire
· Competitive wages
· 401 (K) and Profit Sharing Plan
· A great work environment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please respond with a resume. Referrals and recommendations are also welcomed.
Wingate Dunross, Inc.
ph (818)597-3200 ext. 211