As a former high school chemistry teacher, I know how important it is to engage students. That’s why I am reaching out. I’d like to invite you to join a select group of innovative high school chemistry teachers who will be working with me to explore how Collisions™, our system of content-rich digital chemistry games, can best complement your instruction and effectively engage your chemistry students this year.
To apply to be a Catalyst for Collisions Educator, just complete this short application by (no prior experience using Collisions is necessary). All participants will receive free access to Collisions for the 2017-2018 school year.
What is Collisions?
Launched in September 2016, Collisions is a system of interconnected digital chemistry games designed to give students a deepened understanding of fundamental chemistry concepts through play. Currently, Collisions contains the following robust games:
- Atoms (Try Atoms for free!)
- Covalent Bonding
- Ionic Bonding
- Acids & Bases
- Intermolecular Forces
Each game area includes scaffolded challenge levels and an exploratory sandbox for extended practice and review. Additionally, there are several connected challenges that bridge content from two games and encourage students to explore the interconnected nature of chemistry. Collisions can be used to introduce, teach, and review chemistry concepts in a fun and engaging way through content driven gameplay. All Catalyst for Collisions Educators will receive:
- Free access to Collisions throughout the 2017-2018 school year for you and your students
- Personalized support directly from members of the Collisions pedagogy team
- Opportunities to consult with the Collisions team on topics including classroom implementation and professional development
- Access to a community of science educators to collaborate with and share ideas, resources and best practices
Please feel free to email or call me with any questions and I hope to have the opportunity to work with you this year!