AnsweredAssumed Answered

medical chemistry question - disulfide bond degradation

Question asked by B Dev on Apr 23, 2018

Can an expert here enlighten me about what might be happening with this product, and the explanation of how it works? I am a GP physician, but I do not pretend to be a chemistry expert. Apparently this company has a new technique for breaking the disulfide bonds in the proteinaceous membranes of noxious micro-organisms, rendering them far more prone to normal enzymatic degradation than otherwise... if I am reading this correctly. They claim to have found "protocatalyst" compounds in plant essential oils that achieve their results.

I am trying to determine if this product is legit or not: mirorcore.apps-1and1.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Overview-of-our-Science.pdf (also attached to this post). You may want to jump to the second half of the article, as the first half is 101 explanatory info.

Not much is revealed on the website about this specific product, Miror EFP; apparently it is only sold through multi-level marketing schemes (yes, I know, first tip-off). Nevertheless...

Here are some excerpts from the pdf:

“Normally, specific enzymes must be added to achieve any protein degradation. Historically, chemicals have not been a viable option in protein degradation, and thus the ability of MirorCore’s research and the development of our products represent an historic milestone in the history of chemistry. Our breakthrough ability to breakdown the amino acid structure that represent the cell walls in proteins allows our formulations to manipulate, control and correct cells and their activities.

“What does it mean when we say that MIROR EPF™ “opens” the protein molecule? Protein molecules are often bound together with linking pairs of amino acids and immobile sulfur bonds. Our formulations break the sulfur bonds rendering them reactive so that other enzymes can break down the amino acids that are no longer linked. Our formulations also catalytically break down proteins like an enzyme, with in situ reactant matrices that encourage regeneration of the healthy cells and breakup the amino acid chain of unhealthy cells all by recognizing this marker.

THE VALUE FOR FOOD PROCESSING

“What does melting protein bonds mean for the Food Processing Industry? MIROR EPF™ formulations will have a huge impact on the food industry. Imagine a world were pathogens such as E. coli, Campylobacter, Listeria, Salmonella to mention a few were no longer a threat to the food industry!”

Another intriguing aspect is the apparent preference for noxious micro-organisms vs healthy cells. Here's an excerpt:

“MIROR EPF™ was designed to kill pathogens, molds and viruses and has been confirmed by multiple top research facilities in the U.S. as doing so. This is possible because pathogens do not have a salt basis to their bond as a cell structure. When pathogens come in contact with our MIROR EPF™ formulations even in a diluted state, the cell wall that holds the structure of the pathogen together is broken down (melted) completely. When the foundation for the cell (the cell wall) that bonds the structure together to make it what it is, is broken down, there is no foundation to hold the cell together so it either returns to its basic element or in the case of pathogens there is no basic element so it is therefore dissolved completely. Thus far ALL pathogens that have been tested with MIROR EPF™ have been completely destroyed within minutes to a maximum of 48 hours. The part that has baffled many scientists mind is that in all cases to date this process has left zero background debris of the pathogen to evaluate.”

Thank you very much for your time and expertise.

BD

Outcomes