AnsweredAssumed Answered

Convert a drug from free base form to 2HCl form

Question asked by alfredo pagliuca on Sep 7, 2018

Hi, I've been using this drug SID 347829124 - PubChem in my experiments from a vendor that supplied it as a 2HCl version, and I switched to another supplier that has a free base instead. The two compounds have different solubility  in water and it would be desirable for me to obtain the 2HCl form to avoid using 20% dimethylformamide to solubilize the free base powder. I thought that using water with a stochiometric quantity of HCl would do the trick, but if somebody from the community could confirm this it would be very helpful.