*Note - You may click on images to enlarge
Status updates give users the ability to microblog similar to posting on a Facebook wall or to tweeting (Twitter). A status update provides a way to share a short summary of something you are working on, a photo, a notification of a place or event you are visiting, or a piece of content or program that you find particularly interesting.
Updating your Status
- You can update your status in one of three ways.
- Go to any of your Activity pages and enter a status update above your current status update. The page should show you what your current status is and have a box to change it.
- Go the Create menu in the user tool bar and select Status Update.
- On a profile/bio page:
- On your Activity Streams:
- Status updates can include images and references to people, places, and content. You can use the @ sign to link to other users, specific places, or content within the Network or elsewhere on the Internet.
- You can also update your status by sending an email to email@example.com.
You can see your other network users updates (and other activity) on any Activity stream (see above). The activity stream can be filtered so only status updates appear. You can also see them in Recent Activity Widgets placed on forum and group overview pages.
Logged-in users may add Comments and Like other users' status updates.