*Note - You may click on images to enlarge
The ACS Network allows videos to be embedded into discussions, documents, or loaded directly into the system.
Uploaded videos are like all social content in the Network. Users can comment, follow, and share it.
There is technically no maximum size for video clips but the recommended size is < 1GB.
- Supported Formats
- Container type -- AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, and 3G2.
- Codecs -- All of the popular MPEG-4 variants like DivX, XviD, H.264, 3IVX, and MSMPEG4, plus Windows Media 9.
- Audio codecs -- MP2, MP3, WAV, AAC (typically seen in QuickTime files), Windows Media audio, and for mobile devices AMR in both narrow-band and wide-band varieties.
- Known issues: Browsers must have flash enabled. Videos should work on IE7+, FireFox, Chrome, & Safari.
How to upload a video:
- Access the Create drop down list by clicking on the pencil icon to the right of your profile picture (or the Actions option in the banner of any forum space). Then find and click on the option to embed a video.
- . Complete the form, including the title and description of the video.
- Upload the video from your computer. You can also record a video if you have a webcam.
- You may select to create a video in your personal space or in any group or forum to which you have access.
- Don't forget to tag. It makes it easier for the videos to be found and sorted.
When the form is complete, hit Publish. It will take several minutes for the video to be processed so that it can be viewed online.
Videos from YouTube.com, vimeo.com, video.google.com, and dailymotion.com can be embedded in most content on the Network. Create your document, discussion etc, and add a video by selecting the video icon. These can be resized by changing the height and width in the HTML.
If you are a group owner, you can embed a video in a document then use the "View Document" widget to display the video on group overview page.