rajarshig2000
New Contributor

Re: Was it worth volunteering? Check out the musings of a past CINF Chair

can't seem to access the above link

0 Kudos
cnitsche
New Contributor

Sorry for the incovenience.  There was a serious formatting error so the post had to be fixed overnight.  It is back up again. 

https://community.accelrys.com/community/accelrys_blog/blog/2011/09/21/musings-of-a-past-cinf-chair

0 Kudos
bobbuntrock
New Contributor III

Thanks and congratulations, Carmen, on a great three-year term.  It appears as though you are net ready to ride off into the sunset and that too is great.  I appreciate the difficulty in finding the time and the resources to volunteer and participate in professional society activities.  It was that way throughout my professional career and continues, especially for resources, into my (semi) retirement.  I hope that younger professionals will gain support from families and employers to be more active in professional society activities.  The massive increase in electronic communications should assist us all in discussing and doing business when face to face is not always possible.  For example, my wife has the only Facebook account in our household (mainly to keep up with our kids and families) but I think that wider use of Skype within CINF would help.

The profession and we "old fogies" (per Bartow Culp) need younger professionals to pick up the torch and help us all run with it.

Message was edited by: Robert Buntrock

0 Kudos