cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KentyMac
New Contributor

Starting a Study Abroad Program

I currently teach at a community college in California and have noticed several flyers posted around campus for summer study abroad opportunities for Biology/Geology and Geology/Physical Science.  The first is a two week trip to Madagascar, while the second is a one week trip to Iceland.  It got me thinking about creating something similar for chemistry or perhaps in conjunction with another major or department, such as Chemistry/Geology or Chemistry/Biology.  I'm going to speak to the current trip leaders this week, but I wondered if someone here might have suggestions or thoughts on interesting trips to look in to?  I believe the current study abroad trips are very low-level courses and not very rigorous, more like a "science tour", but there is a pre-trip and post-trip portion.  However, I am open to something slightly more involved, perhaps partnering with another college in the destination of choice?

Anyway, I just thought I'd see if anyone out there had any experience, connections, or just good ideas to share!  Considering I teach at a community college, the course would need to be sophomore level or below.

Thank you in advance! 

0 Kudos