cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anh_nguyen10
New Contributor

What is the purpose of learning science? What does science focus on? What is its mission statement?

Our planet is in danger; the carbon dioxide level in our atmosphere is reaching 400 ppm, the highest level ever reached - our planet is warming up.  I think we should focus more on how to plant trees, and the mission of science should shift toward saving the earth.

4 Replies
CalvinHuber
New Contributor

Re: What is the purpose of learning science? What does science focus on? What is its mission statement?

We've been able to measure atm. carbon dioxide levels for a short, recent,  period of time.  How can we possibly know what those levels were in the past and what changes in those levels occured ?

0 Kudos
PHH2009
New Contributor

Re: What is the purpose of learning science? What does science focus on? What is its mission statement?

That's turning into small potatoes compared to what I see we are doing to our Oceans. The atmosphere is an abused buffer and sorry about all the hot weather, but the Ocean is a responsible buffer and/or reactant to many of the chemical reactions in the air. We should still save the earth.

0 Kudos
marthadiana
New Contributor

I totally agree, we should focus on bettering the world that we live in. We should put our knowledge to good use

0 Kudos
queenlord
New Contributor

Re: What is the purpose of learning science? What does science focus on? What is its mission stateme

The purpose of learning science is multifaceted. Science aims to understand the natural world, explain phenomena, and develop solutions to various problems. Its focus is on empirical evidence, logical reasoning, and systematic experimentation to expand our knowledge

Tags (1)
0 Kudos