cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anh_nguyen10
New Contributor

What is the purpose of learning science? What does science focus on? What is its mission statement?

Our planet is in danger; the carbon dioxide level in our atmosphere is reaching 400 ppm, the highest level ever reached - our planet is warming up.  I think we should focus more on how to plant trees, and the mission of science should shift toward saving the earth.

3 Replies
CalvinHuber
New Contributor

Re: What is the purpose of learning science? What does science focus on? What is its mission statement?

We've been able to measure atm. carbon dioxide levels for a short, recent,  period of time.  How can we possibly know what those levels were in the past and what changes in those levels occured ?

0 Kudos
PHH2009
New Contributor

Re: What is the purpose of learning science? What does science focus on? What is its mission statement?

That's turning into small potatoes compared to what I see we are doing to our Oceans. The atmosphere is an abused buffer and sorry about all the hot weather, but the Ocean is a responsible buffer and/or reactant to many of the chemical reactions in the air. We should still save the earth.

0 Kudos
marthadiana
New Contributor

I totally agree, we should focus on bettering the world that we live in. We should put our knowledge to good use

0 Kudos