SENT ON BEHALF OF JUDY BENHAM, IAC CHAIR
Dear IAC Colleagues:
I am looking forward to seeing you all in San Diego!
Attached, please find the IAC Meeting Agenda for Saturday, March 24 at the San Diego Marriott Marquis, 333 West Harbor Drive.
The Agenda provides important scheduling and background material for the morning subcommittee meetings and the afternoon full committee meeting. Your subcommittee assignment (based on your completed preference form) is found on Page 34.
I have also asked staff to re-send with this email the IAC Orientation Manual for your reference and preparation for the meeting and our retreat on Friday. We have the follow items to report, discuss and, in some instances, take action on.
- We will be hearing about the backgrounds, knowledge, skills and global activities of our new 2012 members and associates.
- I will be providing an update on the extensive ACS international activities and programs since our last gathering in Denver.
- We have two IAC Symposia planned for the ACS National Meeting in San Diego - I hope you can and will make time to join us.
- IAC will be welcoming a number of visiting dignitaries from our sister societies and international chapters. We have invited them to connect with our subcommittees at their morning meetings to discuss their strategic interests and priorities.
- We will hear a report from senior ACS Web Presence staff to learn more about their plans for ACS website development targeting chemists and chemical practitioners with international interests.
- We have a number of requests for input from the Society which we hope you will address and share your views during the morning subcommittee meetings.
- The IAC Agenda contains some of the 2011 annual reports from our international chapters, including their International Year of Chemistry engagements.
- You will also find in the IAC Agenda Book instructions on the new Non-Councilor travel reimbursement procedures.
- Finally in what will be a beautiful venue, the IAC Welcoming Reception in San Diego (Sunday, March 255:30 PM - 7:30 PM Center Terrace, San Diego Convention Center, 111 W. Harbor Drive) is shaping up to be one of our biggest ever, and I look forward to seeing you and your colleagues there.
Please do take a moment to review these materials in advance, as we have a lot to cover in our brief time together.
For IAC members and associates, you will receive under separate cover an agenda for the IAC Executive Session.
Wishing all of you safe and pleasant travels.