cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maham11
New Contributor

Strategies for Enhancing Catalytic Efficiency in Organometallic Complexes

Hello ACS Community,

I am currently working on a research project focused on improving the catalytic efficiency of organometallic complexes used in homogeneous catalysis. While I have explored several strategies, I am keen to hear from other researchers and professionals who have experience in this area.

Specific Questions:

1. Ligand Modifications: What types of ligand modifications have you found most effective in enhancing the stability and reactivity of organometallic catalysts?

2. Electronic Effects: How do electronic effects influence the catalytic activity, and are there specific examples where tweaking these effects led to significant improvements?

3. Solvent Selection: What role does the choice of solvent play in catalytic efficiency, and are there particular solvents or solvent mixtures that have proven beneficial in your experiments?

4. Temperature and Pressure Conditions: How have variations in reaction temperature and pressure impacted the performance of your organometallic catalysts?

5. Innovative Techniques: Are there any novel techniques or methodologies that you have employed or come across recently that significantly improved catalytic outcomes?

Background Information: I am primarily working with palladium and nickel-based complexes in C–C coupling reactions. Any insights or references to relevant literature would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
nishamarshalll
New Contributor

Re: Strategies for Enhancing Catalytic Efficiency in Organometallic Complexes

Hello

Greetings, ACS Community,

My research project aims to improve the homogeneous catalysis of organometallic complexes by increasing their catalytic efficiency. Your insights and counsel would be greatly appreciated.

Particular inquiries

1. **Ligand changes**: In terms of stability and reactivity, which ligand changes have you found to be the most successful?
2. **Electronic Effects**: How do catalytic activity and electronic effects interact? Any particular instances of the improvements?
3. **Solvent Selection**: How does catalytic efficiency relate to the choice of solvent? Any useful combinations or solvents?
4. **Temperature and Pressure Conditions**: How have changes in pressure and temperature affected the functionality of your catalysts?
5. **Innovative Techniques**: Are there any new approaches or procedures that have greatly enhanced the catalytic results?

Context: I work in C–C coupling processes with complexes based on nickel and palladium. Any information or sources would be

Regards

Nisha Marshall

Prestige Evergreen

0 Kudos