cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hossain
New Contributor II

Oral Communication in Job

Jump to solution

I don't have a good oral communication due to my stammering. I am doing my PhD research on polyelectrolyte to make therapeutic vehicles for drug delivery. Hopefully, I will finish my PhD in next two years. As oral communication is very important in job sector, my question is what career area should I choose based on my poor oral communication? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Russell
New Contributor II

Re: Oral Communication in Job

Jump to solution

This is an excellent question. I really hope that you do not choose a career based on what you see as a limitation. Given technology today I can and have seen many options to deliver a message without having to speak at all in front of an audience. Given the advances in text to voice and ability to link a sound file to a presentation I believe this might be an option to pursue. I am not making light of what you are uncomfortable with but trying to encourage you to look for technological aids to follow whatever career you are passionate about following. Passion and curiosity with lead you to a satisfying career.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Matt_Russell
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

This is an excellent question. I really hope that you do not choose a career based on what you see as a limitation. Given technology today I can and have seen many options to deliver a message without having to speak at all in front of an audience. Given the advances in text to voice and ability to link a sound file to a presentation I believe this might be an option to pursue. I am not making light of what you are uncomfortable with but trying to encourage you to look for technological aids to follow whatever career you are passionate about following. Passion and curiosity with lead you to a satisfying career.

Hossain
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thank you Matt for your precise reply. Your suggestions are really encouraging to face the obstacles.

0 Kudos
jamesmiho32
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Oral communication skills are crucial in almost every job and career. Effective verbal communication is essential for conveying ideas, sharing information, collaborating with colleagues, and building relationships with clients or customers. Here are some key aspects of oral communication in the context of a job for Social Tricks

1. Interviews: Strong oral communication is vital during job interviews. You need to articulate your qualifications, experiences, and reasons for wanting the job clearly and confidently. You should also be able to answer questions concisely and thoughtfully.

0 Kudos