On occasion, a user will be able to login on www.acs.org or on the ACS Network (https://communities.acs.org), but the ACS Network does not recognize them. In this case, they will see this on www.acs.org:
but will see this on the ACS Network:
This happens when the ACS Network thinks you opted out and could be a result from you opting out, or databases getting out of sync (which happens with multiple databases talking to each other over virtual space). To opt-in or resync your Network Account, do the following:
- Go to www.acs.org and login. (Do not go to the ACS Network yet.)
- Open My Account.
- If you are not opted into the Network, you should see an option to "Join the ACS Network". Selecting this will take you to an Opt-in page which should allow you to opt-in. If you see "Access the ACS Network" instead of the "Join ACS Network", please skip to Resetting your opt-in status (below).
- To Opt-in, select the check box to agree to the terms and agreements, then select Opt-In.
- You should then be taken to the ACS Network and be logged in.
Resetting your opt-in status
If when you click on My Account on www.acs.org, you see "Access the Network" but the ACS Network doesn't recognize you, there is a database mismatch. The easiest way to reset it is to force it to resend the data.
- On the profile management page, opt out of the Network by unchecking the box under "ACS ID Information".
- Enter "OK" at the bottom of the page. You should end up back the my account page.
- OYou should see "Join the ACS Network" select it and proceed as you would from step 3 above.
If this does not work, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further help with your ACS account.