cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niazmirza
New Contributor

Isomerization/reverse isomerization/chemical structure modification

Hi,

I am a clinical research professional. I discovered a molecule which is an isomer of medicinally important other molecules. Chemical structural modification of my invented molecule can be used for synthesis of the other medicinally important molecules which will reduce the production cost of some mainstream drugs. Moreover, the molecule itself can be used to production of drug which can treat chronic inflammatory diseases.

I would like to know that how can I represent my invention to the medical community.

Additionally, I would like to know whether it is possible to modify the chemical structure (geometry/skeleton) of any given molecule to match with other known molecules where the elements and number of atoms of the given molecule matches other known molecules, but it differs only in chemical structure?

For an example, a2-b4-c6 is an molecule.

And b4-a2-c6 is another molecule. Is it possible to convert a2-b4-c6 to b4-a2-c6 by the mean of structural modification? Will the converted molecule will function just same as b4-a2-c6 and will the chemical properties will also be the same?

In summary, my question is that, whether we can make a Xerox of a known molecule from another molecule that has the same elements and same number of atoms(isomer?) But the chemical structure differs.

With regards
Niaz Mirza,MD

0 Kudos