cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmorris3
New Contributor

What are the best LIMS and ELN (electronic laboratory notebook) for different types of labwork?

I am looking at various LIMS and ELN systems and am trying to get a better handle on the possibilities out there.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jmorris3
New Contributor

Re: What are the best LIMS and ELN (electronic laboratory notebook) for different types of labwork?

I took a look at several options.  It seems like all the LIMS and ELN have significant learning curves.  

It seems that there are many mergers and acquisitions and such that might suddently affect the software prices and offerings. 

After looking through options is seems like Labcollector is a viable option because it can be customized in many ways. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: What are the best LIMS and ELN (electronic laboratory notebook) for different types of labwork?

Depends on what you are looking to achieve really. Most standard Lims implementations have their pros and cons. The firm I used to work with had a less than cheery experience with several vendors. We even had a firm send someone over from Finland who spent a month in a hotel at our expense. He had us shivering as he rambled on and on about scary-sounding computer terms like module 3, segment 4, Server 2 etc before we got rid of him. Eventually we settled for Sipprus. It did not address all our needs at first but it was so very easy to deploy and use. We were up and running and registering Samples within an hour of discovering it. And the provider was so flexible too. We would email them about a new custom feature we needed on a friday and on Monday its right there. It was quite great.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello everyone! 

Do you know the German firm Fink & Partner GmbH? We have the LIMS software solution for you! We can also provide you with more information about ELN (Electronic Laboratory Notebook), an IT extension of the LIMS. 

0 Kudos