Continuous manufacturing (flow chemistry) is a key element in the green-chemistry landscape of a pharmaceutical company. In this webinar, Benjamin Martin, PhD from Novartis will use case studies to illustrate the drivers for continuous processing for clinical supplies, the challenges navigated during process R & D, and a summary of how the sustainability metrics, Process-Mass-Intensity (PMI) and Total CO2-Release (TCR), are positively affected.
Hongwei Yang, PhD from WuXi STA will show how industry collaboration between Pharma companies and CDMOs with strong capability to quickly develop or transfer in a flow process and assemble customized lines at plant-scale can accelerate the implementation of continuous manufacturing for drug substance supply with a cost-effective and greener process.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Sustainability metrics for continuous manufacturing (CM) in pharmaceutical industry
- Key drivers for using CM at the clinical stages
- How Innovators and CDMOs can work together to speed implementation of CM and bring therapies to patients faster.
Who Should Attend:
- Pharmaceutical & Fine Chemists
- Academic Chemistry Researchers
- Process & Development Chemists
- Drug Discovery Chemists
Brought to you by:
Benjamin Martin, Ph.D.
Associate Director Science & Technology Continuous Manufacturing-Upstream Network Leader,
Hongwei Yang, Ph.D.
Executive Director and Head of Flow Chemistry,
WuXi STA, a subsidiary of WuXi AppTec
Forensic Science Consultant,
C&EN Media Group