I have some Acidified Copper Sulfate as a supplement for poultry.
I have mixed it as directed. 8 ounces of the supplement (Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate - 86.36% and Citric Acid) was mixed into 1 gallon of water. This makes the stock solution.
Of this stock solution, one ounce is added to 1 gallon of water.
Will this strength (and type of copper sulfate) react with brass?
The brass is the kind in garden faucets and garden splitters (so you can hook up more than one hose)
The water is a 55 gallon plastic drum and most of the components are plastic, but the bulkhead is attached to the brass spigot and that is attached to the brass splitter, so the water will have to come in contact with the brass for a (possibly) long period of time until the water moves on.
Thank you in advance! I need to make sure that the solution will not chemically change when in contact with the brass and become poisonous to the poultry (or chemically different)